Nomura Horizontal Boring Mills
- Japan’s most oldest and most experienced manufacturer puts the complete HBM package together.
- All the major components are cast from the highest grade of iron, designed as a one-piece bed with the rational-rib approach and overly heavy walls and wide box ways, hardened and then hand-scraped or machined to perfection.
- The Nomura spindle goes through a six month, twenty-step process. In the end, it has the ideal hardness and finish, and is 300% straighter than even the Japanese Industrial Standards ( JIS ) allow.
- The Fanuc controller and oversized servo motors, ballscrews, bearings, gears, and all the internal components meet the highest levels of the JIS quality requirements.
- A full array of optional accessories such as enlarged ATC magazines, facing and contouring heads, secondary rotary tables, and Probes, etc. are available.
|X-axis Travel||51.2″ (1,300 mm) to 118″ (3,000 mm)|
|Y-axis Travel||45.3″ (1,150 mm) to 90.5″ (2,300 mm)|
|Z-axis Travel||34.4″ (870 mm) to 55.1″ (1,400 mm) (Option 95″, 2,400mm)|
|W-axis Travel||15.7″ (400 mm) to 27.5″ (700 mm)|
|CAT 50||4.33″/5.31″ (110/135 mm)||3,000 RPM & 3,500 RPM|
|Rapid Traverse X, Y and Z Axes||393.3/472.4 IPM (11/18.5 m/min)|
|Rapid Traverse W Axis||196.9/236.2 IPM (5/6 m/min)|
|Feed Rate||0.040-275.6 IPM (0.001-7 m/min)|
|X-axis Travel||157.5″” (4,000 mm) to 393.8″ (10,000 mm)|
|Y-axis Travel||78.7″ (2,000 mm) to 137.8″ (3,500 mm)|
|Z-axis Travel||27.6″ (700 mm) to 35.4″ (900 mm)|
|W-axis Travel||13.8″ (350 mm) to 15.6″ (400 mm)|
|CAT 50||5.31″/5.91″ (135/150 mm)||3- 1,000 RPM|
|Rapid Traverse X and Y Axes||236 IPM (6 m/min)|
|Rapid Traverse Z and W Axes||157 IPM (4 m/min)|
|Feed Rate||0.040-118 IPM (0.001-3 m/min)|